The last remaining authentic camp barrack 1 on the Lunettenlaan has been a listed building since 2001. Barrack unit 1B stood empty until the foundation (a partnership between the Museum Maluku, the Vughts Museum and Camp Vught National Memorial) acquired the right of superficies in 2010.
Under the flag of Camp Vught National Memorial, a permanent resentation has been developed on the history and functions of the barrack. The exhibition covers four periods: the concentration camp (1943-1944), the evacuation camp for German civilian evacuees from the border area (1944-1945) and the internment camp (1944-1949). Since 1951, part of the camp has been in use as ‘Lunetten’ residential compound for Moluccan ex-KNIL soldiers and their families. Barrack 1B brings together the experiences of tens of thousands of people who were forced to stay at this location during the past 70 years.